Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lost and Found

   These blocks weren't exactly lost, but they have been abandoned.  While looking for product to list on Etsy I came across these 7 applique blocks.  My first thought was to frame them.  But "A" they aren't a standard frame size and "B" frames break in transit.  So I put them on point and decided to make a quilt.
 This pattern actually makes 24 blocks (which I have kits for) so I pillaged fabrics from the blocks I do not intend to make and made two 9 patches.
 Here is where I'm going to give myself a little credit, in the project bag was an inner border fabric, outer border fabric, binding and backing.  NO, I'm not kidding.  So I did the math for my setting and corner triangles and added those to the design wall.
 Here is the 7th block which wouldn't turn on point without looking sideways, this one may end up getting framed after all.
 After adding a 3 1/2" outer border I am quite pleased with how this came out.
 Why didn't I ever finish this?  Well that's a story for another day.
If you like this pattern and get inspired to make a 24 block applique' quilt this is titled "Elegant Garden" published by Laundry Basket Quilts.

1 comment:

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Hi Laurel, you sure put your blocks to good use. Very clever solution. Love the result. Kimber