Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A New Needle

   Recently co-worker Donna gave me a new needle for hand sewing.   
 Now if you are under the age of 40 this might not be the needle for you.  However once you hit a certain age eye strain kicks in and if you are like me even readers don't help when doing up close hand work.  These needles were designed with us gals in mind.  They have an open "eye" end.  Meaning you don't thread the needle you slide the thread into the channel.
 My opinion of these needles is great concept, however it took me two tries to get the thread into the channel and on one occasion it shredded my thread.  Also I don't usually use a needle this large for hand work.
I'm glad to have another tool in my applique', hand sewing basket and when I'm having one of those days when I just can't see to thread the eye of a needle I will definitely go to these Singer needles.  Not to mention they come with this adorable pink magnet tomato needle nanny.  

No comments: