Thursday, November 1, 2012

When One Door Closes...

   It isn't a secret that for the past 5 1/2 years I have worked part time at my local quilt shop.  When I reflect on all the emotional ups and downs I have experienced within the walls of that shop its almost too much to contemplate.  I have honed my craft of designing working at the Coop, I remarried and then buried my husband, I made some life long friendships and learned to be a better quilter.  I processed my grief by returning to work even though I didn't want to.  And now that job has ended.  The owner is retiring out of state and closing the doors of this very popular destination quilt shop.
Still fabric to buy.
But its starting to look very very bare.
See, bare.
Where has all the fabric gone?
I'm sure it will hit me hard next week when I don't get up and get ready for work, but for now, I'm just feeling very sad and reflective as yet another chapter of my life comes to an end.

No comments: