Friday, October 26, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Fall 2012

Welcome to Bloggers Quilt Festival Fall 2012!  As you take a tour of the quilts everyone has entered please take a moment and share your experience on twitter and facebook.
My entry for Quilt Festival is "Primitive Primer" pattern by Jan Patek and Sue Spargo.
I did not know how to sew/quilt until I made Primitive Primer.  This was a great quilt to begin on even though some of the blocks look nearly impossible.   The truth is the pattern takes you from 4 and 9 patches and basic applique'...
through flying geese, log cabins and churn dashes.
Until at last you are forced to make a paper pieced Sun Burst block.  
I owe my quilting career to this quilt and for that reason it has become one of my favorites.  Thank you for stopping by and viewing my entry for Festival.  Laural

No comments: