Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Year in Review

  Something that occurs this time of year is the recapping of the year.  It is a chance to look back and reflect on what went wrong and what went right.  As I look back on this year I was slightly amazed at how much I was able to get done.  Here is my year in review:  Simply Put published 12 new patterns,
attended 3 quilt shows, had 7 more quilt shops purchase my line, shipped over 100 online orders,  had one design featured as the cover of Primitives magazine and 4 more selected for publication.  One radio interview, 50 friendship quilting meetings and one Presidents Best of show ribbon.

 This blog had nearly 20,000 page views, 242 posts to date and my followers have increased to 62 thats triple the number that began the year and thank you all for that.  Speaking of followers Twitter has 10 (I don't really tweet yet), Pinterest 520 followers and 3,194 pins, Etsy 165 followers with 40 items listed for sale and Facebook 94 Page likes for Simply Put Plus.
   I was able to custom quilt 55 quilts this year excluding my own and those for family and friends.
Putting all these numbers together has exhausted me.  I'm looking forward to 2013, its the year I take my pattern line national when I attend Spring Quilt Market.  I have lost my part time job at the local quilt shop but some how that has given me the freedom to finally pursue my hearts desire.  Working hard has never been the issue but having faith in my abilities, well that's where I get tripped up.  I now have faith and hope that the future holds many good things... for all of us.  Have a great new year!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I wish you the very best on all your new ventures. Angela

Anonymous said...


Way to go!! Sometimes we don't think we are accomplishing much until we look at an entire year - like you did.

Best of luck in 2013 with going to Spring Market.

I am looking forward to seeing your new designs in Primitive Quilts and Projects.

Charlotte