Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring Market-The End

 We have said our goodbyes to our neighbors and new found friends at the Portland Spring Quilt Market.  Tear down went smoothly with the help of my son, Reid.  We hit the road and instead of returning home we are now at the very tip of Washington visiting my dad and all the family that resides here.  Two days of rest and relaxation before heading home and shipping orders.  
   Here are some of the quilts that I saw at Market.  Lets face it Modern quilts are so much fun to look at, and this one by Miyuki Hamaba is no different.

The Candy Shop
Fiesta Stars by Allan Jones & Dot Collins

Departure by Kiyomi Takayanagi
 This is an up close view of the detailed custom quilting.

Passion by Pamela Druhen
As promised here is my shelf from the "Showcase" display.  Thank goodness my son went over and grabbed everything before we were heading back on the freeway.  
My last picture of Oregon, a river runs through it.

  This Quilt Market journey has been a while in the making.  I really do appreciate all the help I have received from everyone who made this such a success.  Quilting has become my passion and way of life and the sisterhood I have discovered within it has made it such a joy.  Have a peace filled week.  Laural

No comments: