Monday, September 1, 2014

Busy Bear Quilt Show

   Labor Day weekend has found me, like many Americans, working.  We have a lovely mountain community in Southern California called Big Bear.  Busy Bear quilt guild has held their quilt show on this weekend for 26 years.  I was invited up this year and jumped at the chance to be a part of this event.

 Set up went smoothly and I was able to get back to our cabin in time to sew a bit with the girls who were busy retreating.
My new pattern of Hexagon mats was one of the top sellers this weekend.
 This Gecko quilt was one of my favorites for its 3-D design and bead work.  Of course none of that shows up in the photos.
If there was a downside to the weekend it would have to be my fall from Grace.  More specifically falling off a table trying to adjust some lighting.  Thankfully I was bruised but not badly battered.  There was one casualty though...
Rest in peace pattern bin, you served me well and broke my fall.  

No comments: