Saturday, March 14, 2015

My Dad

   As 2014 ended and 2015 began I had the highest hopes for a great year.  Reorders were flooding in from Quilt Market and it seemed as though the direction my business was headed in finally felt right.  Then the call came...my dad, my biggest cheerleader, son of the woman who taught me to love all things crafty, was not well.  This week he lost the 3 month battle he was waging with the infection that was ravaging his body.
My boy and his grandpa with the 70th birthday quilt

  I love you dad, the hole left by your passing will never be filled.

13 comments:

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Sorry for your loss. L

WoolenSails said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad and he sounds like a wonderful man. Prayers that you and your family will find the strength and peace during this difficult time.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

I am so sorry. God speed in your healing.

paulette said...

Oh, Laural...I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! You and your family are in my thoughts!
Big hug!
P

Aunt TC said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. As time passes it will help to have all the memories of your dad and the photos of him with his loved ones will be cherished.

sandi s said...

I am so sorry . My prayers go out to you and your family. Hugs,

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you Lori on your dad's passing. wishing you love, peace and healing.

linda said...

So very sorry. Prayers for comfort and peace. His arms are wrapped around you as you journey through this difficult time.

Marian said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Charlotte said...


May your memories carry you through this difficult time. My deepest sympathy.

Charlotte

magicmoonmusings said...

I'm very sorry to hear this, my best to you.

Kay Harmon said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. Sending a big hug to you.

Loves to Quilt said...

I am so sorry to read of your father's passing. I miss mine every day.

Sandy