Sunday, March 4, 2012

FYI

  I'll confess, housework is not my forte.  Now my home is neat and tidy but is it deep cleaned? no it is not.  I would rather sew than dust, so when I saw this cleaning tip on Bethany's blog, I put it in my ever dwindling memory bank for a future use.  Yesterday I tried it out.  If, like me, you have a build up of grease on your stove grates here's what she says to do.  Now I wash these things all the time, I throw them in my dishwasher but that baked on stuff just won't come off.  1/4 cup of ammonia...
one grease laden grate...
place both in a zip lock baggie.  Seal it up tight.
Set it outside overnight (incase it leaks, very smelly).
In the morning release the grate and wipe off with a sponge.
Holy Crap!
Three to go and my stove just might look like new again.  I have to see if she has a remedy for magically making the kids pick up their rooms. 

No comments: