Friday, May 3, 2013

Inland Empire Quilt Show part 1

   All work and no play, whoever wrote that must have been getting ready for Quilt Market and needed a break as much as I did.  Its bad enough I'm not eating, can't sleep and have been house bound with all this work for days.  I need a break.  So I called up two girlfriends, offered to drive north and we hit the Inland Empire Quilt Show.  I was invited to attend this show as a vendor but didn't feel the timing was suitable.    You can tell a lot about a guild from their opportunity quilt.  This was the one from IE!

 Here is a close up of all the hand work that was done by these ladies.
 It's never a quilt show until you come across your first Primitive Gathering quilt.  This one by Cheryl Giovenco was one of the first things we saw when we entered the hall.
 Here is a close up on a Crab Apple Hill red work embroidery quilt.  This looked so refreshing as the temperature outside almost hit 100 today.
Winter Wonderland by Sheila Osbrink
There were three of these Shabby Fabrics quilts in the show.  I just love it when ladies get together and work on the same projects.
Country Cottages by Connie Peterik
 Always the fan of a good landscape quilt. 
By Alicia Campbell
By Dianne Marciano
 This wall hanging was one of my favorites, the Lecien fabrics made it bright and cherry but...
by Connie Peterik a Shabby Fabrics Design
 these little fabric pinwheels where too adorable for words.

 Miniature Quilt
by Susan Cesa
Cabin Paws by Sheila Osbrink
Seriously there must be a Cathedral Windows quilt in my future, I am so drawn to them.
by Debbie Slaght
That's enough for today.  I will show you the rest of the quilts this weekend.  The show runs through tomorrow and if you are near the Southern California area I hope you take the opportunity to support this guild.

2 comments:

andsewon said...

Taking a break is a good thing! Will hep you get back at it with a clear head. Lovely quilts! Those folks are really talented!

Cathy said...

I love the quilts. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs